Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lamp Remake

I bought 2 of these lamps a few years ago a TJ Maxx.




I never loved them but I liked the basic style. I have wanted to do something with them for a long time but never quite sure. Then I found this tutorial on a blog and the rest was history.



I used 4 yards of burlap and my craft room was a big itchy mess. Not too mention trying to get all the burlap itch off of my ironing board Sunday morning to iron the hubs shirt. I also repainted them green and brown. We have had our bed linens for 3 years now and I am trying really hard to not change. They were expensive and I still like them I just really want to go gray and yellow. I even have contemplated painting my new bed yellow and then gray over top and doing burn outs so you can see the yellow. Even Chris thinks that would be cool. I am trying to be practical so my dear mother won't give me crap about it. However, I love the way they turned out and I can repaint them when the time comes.

1 comment:

Nicole Norris said...

You are so resourceful and creative. I love your projects. Come spruce up my house. PLEASE!