Thursday, April 9, 2009

Time Off

I took a week off of work due to some health issues...everything is OK. So I decided to make the most of my time. It only ended up being two days of nothing to do because we went to a funeral in Vernal. Chris' grandpa passed away. That was a long drive so we broke it up and spent the night. I have been having the urge sew lately and since what I would sew for myself would cost upward of $150 I decided to make some cute things for my neices. We are going to St. George for spring break and we will get to see them open them. The crayon roll idea I got from here.
I also made this adorable super easy purse for them to keep their treasures inside. Pattern here. I enlarged mine to 175% because I made them for little girls. Super easy though and there is even a video you can watch that teaches you how to do it.







My sister in-law is due to have a baby any time now and I wanted to make something for her plus I was in a sewing mood and these burp cloths are nearly instant gratification. Here are the instructions. Finding cute boy fabric is ridiculous unless you like Winnie the Poo or little bottle and diaper print, not me. So once the fabrics were picked it was easy.


2 comments:

James & Amy Anderson Family said...

That crayon thing is really cute! What a great idea.

Cindy G said...

I can't wait to get into our new house because I will have a dedicated craft room and I have had a sewing bug for years! Now my sewing machine will be out all the time. I am going to give these projects a try. I also want to make this:

http://craftapple.wordpress.com/2006/02/21/the-lindie-bag-free-pattern/

It's been in my favorites list for over a year!