Thursday, December 22, 2011

We Moved Again


Gosh it has been awhile.  Sometime I don't feel like I have anything worth blogging and since we moved, well life in a town home is just plain boring.  So ya, we moved last June.  We are done doing the house sitting thing for awhile.  So now we have moved closer to town and work.  But oh how we miss our Sophie.

   

It is crazy how much happiness a dog can give you unless your not dog person of course.  I think when we left her we went back to having to figure how to be happy and we were staring at the walls of our place going mad.

To put it nicely we moved into a filthy pigsty.  It took us about 2 weeks of cleaning every free moment we had.  We replaced all the blinds and repainted the whole place.  It is much better but oh so small however, it is cozy and it is our home.

As soon as we moved in I repainted our bed I really didn't like the pine grain and I was loving all the turquoise I was seeing.  I absolutely love it.  Also to note is that most of my pictures are with my cell phone so not great quality but totally convienent.

 

I made over the light in the dining room it was the ugliest light but I didn't want to buy a new one.  I made this with poster board and hot glued the burlap and fabric and then glued it to the original shade so it can be removed easily.   It also dims the light making it romantic for dinner. 

 

We also got an addition that Chris has been dying to have for a few years now.  He finally got his plasma TV.  He was very proud this day.  To be honest I can't believe how much I enjoy the TV as well.  Plus it is great for Mario Kart.  I also bought a couple of nice dressers one for the TV to stand on and another for the other bedroom to store junk.

 

I organized the freezer using a dry erase marker for the front to keep an ongoing inventory.



I still have more projects to go but I will always have another project I am working on. 

No comments: