Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year

OK OK so I have totally slacked off with posting about our Christmas. We left for my parents on the 23rd hoping to beat any storm coming in and we did just fine. Christmas eve consisted of normal family traditions. Candy was made, we even went to KINGS to go down the isles and see what kind of junk we could find, actually they have wool work socks for pretty dang cheep so Chris got socks. I got chapstick I couldn't find mine. Then my family has this hilarious tradition that we call "Singing at the candle" We have a candle that has 1-25 and we sing Christmas songs every night in December until we reach the next number. The reason why this is hilarious is because there is not a single one of us who can carry a tune. You should hear us sing the 12 days of Christmas ( we aren't allowed to sing this until a few days before Christmas) We sing ok until the last verse and when it is time to count down the race is on to see who can sing it the fastest. We aren't very good but we have a blast and I know the lyrics to just about every Christmas song out there. Christmas morning came and for once we didn't get up at 5:00. Chelsey usually get us up (she is 23) but this year with the bad storm she and my dad had to go out and get the horses put in the shelter. She was tired and slept in. We had so much wind that we were snowed in. My grandma was feeling bahumbugish and so my dad went in town with 4 wheel drive (mandatory in Idaho) and pick up my grandparents so they could have dinner with us. Now for the reason I have not posted anything.....we got a WII! We have stayed up late every night. I alway to Chris there was no way we would ever own a video game system ever. I was the one who really wanted it. We got Rockband which is a blast and wii fit, and mario kart. I also got the Shaun White snowboarding however I am not sure I should play it becuase it makes me angry and Chris has to force me to take a break. We love our Wii. As for new years eve we did nothing we are boring but we like it. I have me new goals all written down and hope this is a great year for me and you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good Christmas. It was good to see you for a minute. I had oped we could have gotten together up there but you know how that gose. Maybe we an get togher sometime. A Wii sounds like fun we've talked about getting one.

Sara said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas in Aberdeen. I want a Wii too! My husband is a major gamer. He loves his XBox 360 (I don't!) but I think a Wii would be a blast so we are saving our pennies to get one. I want the Wii Fit. How is it? Do you like it?

Celest said...

Sara I absolutely love my wii fit it is actually my favorite part. Worth the $90.

Nicole Norris said...

We love our wii too. So addicting.